1. What are lash extensions?
2. How long does it take to complete a full set?
A full set of lash extensions takes approximately 2 hours to complete. A fill in takes approximately an hour to complete.
3. How long do lash extensions last?
Eyelash extensions will last the length of your natural growth cycle of your own lashes. Depending on your activity and day-to-day routine, refills should only be required every 2 to 4 weeks
4. Will lash extensions damage my natural lashes?
When applied correctly, eyelash extensions do NOT damage your natural lashes. A lash extension specialist will determine what type of extension is most appropriate to apply to your natural lashes. Lashes are chosen based off of weight and length to ensure the integrity of your natural lash is maintained.
5. What should I do to preserve my lashes for as long as possible?
AK Aesthetics has created what we call our ‘Five Lash Commandments’, which is the ultimate guide to maintain your lash extensions for as long as possible.
- DO NOT get lashes wet for the next 24-48 hours. Allow the glue to completely cure.
- DO NOT use mascara on lash extensions. Doing so will result in lash damage due to clumping and your extensions may fall off. Also, NO lash curlers.
- AVOID oil-based products on your face as much as possible. Oil breaks down the glue and your set will not last as long. Make sure your makeup remover is oil free. I recommend removing makeup with witch hazel.
- DO brush your lashes twice a day, every day. Wash your lashes with AK Aesthetics Down N Dirty Lash Shampoo as well to avoid build up.
- DO get a fill in every two to three weeks to maintain your desired full set look.